Concerning the Inspirer of ROI for ROI, Spyridon (Spyros) Kyriakakis.
Family name: K Y R I A K A K I S
First names: S P Y R I D O N (SPYROS)
Place and Date of birth:Athens Hellas , 22/08/1951
Nationality: Hellenic (Greek)
Civil Status: Married with Mrs Ourania Kyriakakis nee Tsichlakis, since 1978, without children.
Criminal – Civil Records: None. Neither as juvenile, nor as adult. Not any other else e.g. administrative penalties.
Health Problems: None
– Academic Director of the Department of “Organizational Security and Management” ΚΕΜΕ New York College.
– Supreme Security Manager and Head of New York College, Crisis Management Group
– Owner -Manager of “KYRIAKAKIS S.M.W. Systems Enterprise”, (Seminars-Meditations-Writings-SMW), VAT No EL 015763560. ( 24 Collaborators).
– Lecturer in HELLENIC POLICE ACADEMY/NATIONAL SECURITY SCHOOL.(MSc –Level ) for the Scientific Course: <<Strategic Management and the Determining of a Risk Factor>>. (2009,2010,2011,2012,2013).
– Director of lifelong education and vocational training, of BOSS SECURITE HELLAS S.A.
Education: Police Studies ( Post Lyceum Police Studies, BSc and Post Graduated Studies- Hellenic Police Academy), Criminology (Post Graduated and Ph.D Studies- Panteion University), Open and Flexible Education of Adults (Post Graduated Studies in Open University of Patras), Security Management,(UNISA, University of South Africa, Economical / Regional Development Studies (Panteion University), National Society Medical Homeopathy Cooperation .
Language and various skills: Indicated competence on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 – excellent , 5 –Language Daily basic elements)
Language Reading Writing Speaking
HELLENIC Native/1 Native/1 Native/1
ENGLISH 2 2 2
Other skills & Key qualifications:
– Home affairs and Governance, Expert
– Specialist in prevention of organised crime and terrorism, due to Police Career in Security and Intelligence Services as well as scientific researcher in Security Management Issues.
– Recognized by NATO as expert on the field of terrorism ref. doc. NOS (91) 458/20-03-1991.
– Recognized instructor and Proctor of Business Espionage Controls and Counter measures association – US.
– Writer of. handbooks and workbooks ( Please , see publications).
– Civil emergency planning.
– Strategic ,Tactical ,Operational Planning, Expert , along with Master Plans, Crisis Managing “Handbooks”, Civil Emergency Planning (Especially for Companies), Planning to Confront Extraordinary Situations, and Decentralisation and local development concerning the support to local authorities in security management and Municipality police.
– Experience in countries of the regions ALA (Asian, African Area), CARDS (Central and East Europe Area), MEDA (Mediterranean Area) and in Belgium, Germany, France, Holland, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, USA.
– Specialist on “heavycrime unlawful acts at sea” (terrorism, piracy, organized crime). It is the field of my doctoral studies and PhD scientific research for Panteion University, Athens.
– Teaching and Learning. Rewarded by many organizations (public and private institutions), for excellent teaching education and effective learning of scholars and students influencing their Cognitive ,Affective and Psychomotor Domains.
– Worldwide introducer of “Private Security Strategic Command Course”, added as 5th level of studies on the acceptable and existed internationally 4 levels (basic, intermediate, advanced and managerial). This initiative was adopted and implemented through New York College, Athens, under the authorization and the adoption of the Hellenic (Greek )National Accreditation Center for Vocational Security Training, RESOLUTION 562/10 and by the Ministry of Education and Lifelong learning : Y.A 92775/ ΙΑ/27-7-2010/Government Journal(ΦΕΚ-FEK) 1302 Β’
– Scientific advisor and journalist of the monthly News paper- Magazine “SINTAKTIS” ,(Thessaloniki).
– Scientific advisor of prof.review «Security Manager«
13. Professional experience in foreign countries
Professional Licences, Registrations and Recognitions:
- Hellenic Ministry of Education/Records Office for KEME – College Educators: 149/2008.
- Hellenic National Accreditation Centre for Continuing Vocational Training: reg.No as Educator-Tutor EA 22487.
- Hellenic Labor Organization Educational Affairs: reg. No as Educator-Tutor 32172.
- E.C./DECA/PAMECA: Lecturer 2329/05.
- E.C./CARDS Expert/Tutor: AL 01/02-01-03/01(98477).
- N A T O Rec. Expert: NOS (91)458.
- BECCA CCO-Instructor-Proctor in Hellas for CCO Programs: 2009.
- Security Professional Licence 1020/ 181337/B-2/2-a Hellenic Police Authority, (valid throughout Greek territory).
- Security Professional Investigation Licence: 1020/181337/B-2/2-a Hellenic Police Authority, (valid throughout Greek territory).
- International Foundation for Protection Officers Recognition as Proctor on Certified Protection Officers Programs Jan.29, 2009.
- Licence Reg.No 1393 -Civil Aviation concerning air and aviation security
- Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS code) – certified specialist, (IMO model courses 3.19,184.108.40.206). ΑΑ 3728.6/215/05.
- AUTHORIZED by MOD Greece For the use of classified material, when private bodies ,undertake sensitive works ,for critical infrastructures.
- Certified on First Aid issues. Α.Μ. Ε 14324/22/2012.
- Pyrosvestology F21Z – 12772-1111.(Hellenic Institute of Fire Safety and Security).
- Reg.No. 184/2012 National Society Medical Homeopathy Cooperation
- Health Ability Certificate of the Hellenic Act 3528/2007 ,for the educators, by the Health Committee . Reg.No 5463.
Professional experience IN:
Professional experience in foreign countries
Belgium, Germany, Italy, PAYS BAS, U.S.A., United Kingdom, Albania, France, U.A.E., Egypt, Syria, Tunisia, Spain, Jordan, Iraq, Holland
Conferences(123, in Greece and abroad).
Four (4) handbooks during police-duty
Dissertations: twenty two (23) on Police, Criminological, Security, Training, Security Management Financial and medical issues.
Articles/ meditations/ surveys (published) : Sixty six (66):
Books –Handbooks- Meditations:
o Three systems of educational material for private security personnel for training purposes. The first organized Private Security Training Material ,in Greece, evaluated as excellent effective. (1998, 1999, 2000).
- o “General Security Plan” for the “Bank of Greece”. (1991).
- o “General Plan for the training of security and stewarding personnel of foot ball teams of the Super League and spectators security and safety”. ( 2010).
- o “ Special Meditation ,concerning Embassies Security” , upon request of the C E O of “PYRSOS SECURITY” , Athens .Greece.(2011).
- o “Master Plan” in favour of BOSS SECURITE HELLAS, for Private Institutions.
- o Book “The Security Handbook of Close Security”. Co-author Ph. Purpura, , “ION” Publications, Athens, 2005, 714 pages.
- o Book “Police Science and Border Policeology”, Athens and Tirana, 2005, 407 pages, written in English language and translated in Albanian language, used by the high officials. It was adopted by PAMECA (Police Assistance Mission of EU to Albania). By virtue of the acceptance of this book by PAMECA after authorization of EU Delegation in Albania, Due this book ,I was appointed as a Lecturer to Police Academy in Tirana (2005).
- o Book “The Encyclopedic Handbook for Security Managers”, S.Kyriakakis- J.Kanalis “Press Line”, Publication Athens, 2008.
- o Book “Effective Security Trainer by the Application of NADLER’ S model”. S.Kyriakakis, under publication “Press Line” Athens, 2009.
- o Two(2) handbooks for guards and for First line security managers .They are in fully accordance with guidelines of Greek National Accreditation Center for Vocational Security Training.
- o Handbook for Private Investigators.
- o “Security Law, Security Practice, Security Management”, for New York College scholars.
- o “Counter Espionage Best Practices” co-authors John Κanalis, Jason Dilbey, Jose Abreu
- o “Border Surveillance” in English and in Albanian .Co-author Dr.Zianikas Charalambos .Edit. Rexhep HIDA – Tirana Albania ,2005.Funded by European Union.
- o “The Albanian Police Manager ” in English and in Albanian .Co-author Dr.Zianikas Charalambos .Edit.Dolores ALIPIRGOU– Tirana Albania , July 2005. Funded by European Union.
- o “N.A.T.O .SECURITY ISSUES MANAGEMENT” 1993.
- o <<Captain’s Merchant Marine Public Order Jurisdictions in the ship>> Ed. “ELNAVI”, Piraeus Greece.2000
- o Security Management Forum for Scholars in Security Management ofNew York College .(2007)
- o Security Law, Security Practice, Security Management. Ed. New York College, 2008.
- o Training manual for trainers of Albanian Border Police, May 2005, Tirana, Twinning project .
- o “ How to write the report of a post graduation or Doctoral research –guidance”, Panteion University (1996).
Tactical article writer in “Security manager” review (2007-2013,Athens.)
Writer and Contributor to “Criminal Justice Review” , “Hellenic Naval Industry Magazine” on Security – Criminological – Ship/Port facility security issues, “Eco Q Review”, concerning business continuity,<<Maritime Economies>>, (articles about piracy and ISPS code).
Development of special systems of security issues, for different trainees in Security Management and Security Managing Vocational Training.
Five modules. Every one of one year duration, consisted by six articles being published by the Vocational by monthly review (Security Manager) which is, the cross road for private security in Greece. The first module was addressed to operational private security stuff. The second concerns the security managers of private security industry, the third refers to special security issues for the top security managers, the four one concerns everything about security planning and the fifth, about Intelligence Management.
Other presentation are for critical infrastructures, football teams, spectator’s safety, terrorism, family security, ships, ports and port facilities security.
Many Biographies(concerning persons that works far from the Mass Media lights ,for the common good)
and series of publication with the form of distance learning , (concerning the training of the people to confront their uncertainty), through the monthly News paper- Magazine “SINTAKTIS”.
SUPERINTENDENCE AND TUTORIAL GUIDANCES TO : 177 scholars of New York College.
Alternative training material (Video – DVD) Learning from Criminal’s “Modus operandi”.
Seven (7) books (under toleration).
- o Twice awarded for excellent teaching by New York College Educational Group and by Albanian State Police and EEC Delegation in Tirana.
- o Medal of Police Worth C’ Class 1993. This medal was promoted to B’ Class 1996 (By the virtue of Presidential Decree, Feb. 1st 1996).
- o Gold Cross of Phoenix Battalion (By the virtue of Presidential Decree, Sept. 2nd 1994).
- o Three (3) awards of achievement by NATO (1987, 1988, 1991).
- o Four (4) awards of achievement by Hellenic Police and Intel. Service. (1987, 1989, 1992).
- o Forty one (41) written Recognitions – Awards by:
– Mediterranean Quark Private Security Company.
– European Private Sec. Company (Kilkis).
– HYATT International Company.
– The Security Director of National Bank of Greece.
– SYNERGY Adult’s re-education and vocational training center.
– Professor MAGGANAS Antonios PANTEION UNIVERSITY Athens.
– Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Piraeus.
– Resid. training advisor of CARDS/Twinning Project in Albania.
– 3rd award by the “International Literary Society of Greece”
– Banks (Geniki,Athinon )
- o Twenty nine (29) laudatory and recognition comments, by the:
– The weekly economical newspaper (EPENDITIS Feb. 19/20, 1994).
– Monthly magazine “EFOPLISTIS” (April 2000).
– Monthly magazine “Hellenic Merchant Marine Industry”–ELNAVI (April 2000).
– Monthly newspaper “News of Creta” (March 2000).
– “Security Manager”, bi monthly review ( many times ).
– “City Cariera”, newspaper.
– “Vradini”, newspaper (2 times)
– “Aggeliaforos”, newspaper – Thessaloniki.
– SINTAKTIS ,news paper, Thessaloniki.
– City Guide, news paper, Thessaloniki.
– “Tribuna”, Albanian newspaper in Greece.
– “The Profit” Athens economical newspaper.
-“ Business Espionage Controls and Counter Measures Association” –NEWS LETTER ,Washington D.C ,USA.
-“HYATT NEWS LETTER” e.t.c.
- Member of the Hellenic (Greek) Society of Criminology.
- Member of the Hellenic (Greek) Association of Journalists ,Northern Greece
- The National Organization of Qualifications Accreditation and Professional Orientation/ Ministry of Education, by virtue of the 5300/14-03-2012, commandment of organization Chairman entrusted the subscriber to develop a new regulation for security studies for the Hellenic Institutes of Vocational Training. The Regulations code, was developed and was accepted by the Council, o the Organization. It was published identically , in the Government Gazette (V.B 1715/May 17,2012)
Vision :To promote “Security Management” as an independent Science and as the crossroad of all the other Sciences, throughout the World.
Acquisition of extra abilities in cognitive, affective and psychomotor domains: Due the experience
b o r n by the so many years managing of sensitive , urgent and of critical importance situations the reported in the present C.V, has acquired upper abilities to manage the time effectively , to operate under pressure and difficult situations and to be effective.